Saturday, June 14, 2008

Carnie Wilson's New improved Diet

On Her New Diet: "Breakfast is two egg whites and one whole egg, scrambled with seasonings, two to three pieces of turkey bacon, and then a half a cup of mixed berries. A snack would be 15 raw almonds or four celery sticks with three tablespoons of sugar-free hummus. Lunch would be a salad of chopped kale, romaine and spinach, cucumber, celery, bean sprouts, raw mushrooms, broccoli sprouts. Then I will make a balsamic dressing from scratch. I sauté a 3-ounce patty of chicken breast and eat that with the salad. If I feel like I want something sweet, I’ll have a quarter cup of blueberries or strawberries. Then dinner will be another round of veggies. I’ll steam cauliflower, zucchini and some spinach. I’ll do a piece of protein with that, like 4 ounces of Chilean sea bass ... I’m trying not to eat after 7:30 p.m."

On Her Success on the Diet: "I don’t wait till the last minute to eat. I measure my protein in 3-ounce patties and put them in the freezer and make them taste good without it being fattening. Also, I write down every single morsel of food that I put in my mouth. I used to give in and finish what my daughter had on her plate. If I had nervous energy, I would walk by and pick up anything I saw. Now if there’s pasta left on her plate, I just throw it out."
On Her Exercise Plan: "I started doing a power-yoga DVD, 40 to 50 minutes a day, three or four days a week. I’m more calm, and I have more energy. I also exercise twice a week for an hour with my trainer, Lanre Idewu. We’re doing fast-paced walking, elliptical, lunges, squats and band resistance for my arms."

On Her Next Goal: "I want to get pregnant again! I’ll be so healthy. I’m happy to feed the baby good food. I’m going to start trying in a few months. First, I’d like to take off another 20 or 30 pounds." See Photos From Wilson's Shoot With OK!

No comments: